1. I love information. I read encyclopedias and dictionaries. The etymology of words fascinates me. Lexicons, archaeological research into the construction of language and the cultural adaptation of words. Delightful.
2. I am a sucker for a brilliant conversationalist. I will love you for your mind. I have learned, recently, that engaging in lengthy, focused conversations can lead to your motives being misunderstood. I really was just loving your mind. Despite what my intensity may have led you to believe.
3. I love carbonation. Bubble in my throat make me happy.
4.I love heavy bass. The thump, thump, thump that resonates in my chest. Love it.
5. I love shoes. Funky, clunky, spikey, red, patent… I just want them to be interesting. A person’s shoes say a lot about them, y’know!
6. I love to read. When I want to mentally escape I love science fiction and fantasy. When I want to learn something I want biographies.
7. I love action movies. War movies. Big BANG. epic, cataclysmic movies. I don’t want to cry in a movie, I want to cheer for the person with the biggest guns and I love clear good v. evil.
8. I love no-bleed through Sharpie pens. Colored inks. Blue/Black is boring.
9. I love to sort, file, fold and organize. I love to clear out closets and de-clutter.
10. I love to write about, talk about, sing about and share about what matters most to me. That is my passion. And what matters most to me is my God, my beloved husband and the sons we’ve been given.
11. I love being unpredictable and evaluating a perspective that causes me to risk the boundaries I have imposed on myself.
12. I love lipstick and mascara. Don’t leave home without either.
13. I love feeding people I care about. Whether that is through biblical discussion or black bean brownies, I love to bring sustenance in any way I can.
14. I love teapots. At the moment I have at least 12. Cast iron, Japanese, a brown betty, fine china with hand painted pansies. Antique, modern stainless steel. I love teapots. I only have 2 tea cups. I drink tea from coffee mugs.
15. I love to iron. See #9. I love to starch and press linens.
16. I love Sherlock Holmes. My favorite superhero.
17. I love to be outdoors. Not just on the porch but far into the country where there is only the sound of what God created, not what we have built.
18. I love critters. Cats, dogs, horses… Scared little squirrels and baby voles who need rescuing.
19. I love my husband’s calloused hands.
20. I love that God has brought enough healing into my life that a list of things I love is this long and the need to compensate with defensive satire or sarcasm is absolutely unnecessary.