It has been said that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. Which I suppose makes sense when my 10 year old can call dragon breath, yesterday’s make up smudged around my eyes, a Don King hairstyle and mismatched pajama’s (read yoga pants and a tank top) beautiful. In his eyes I am beautiful. Even then. And I am sooo grateful for his adoration and kindness. I know it won’t last forever!!!
But it is another kind of beauty that I crave. It’s the lines of a beautiful work of art. Brilliant color, elegant lines. I want to be surrounded by rich textures both visual and tangible. I am a freak for textures. I can’t merely see something lovely I must touch it.
There must be a flow of design color and purpose from one room to the next while still allowing for the slightly eccentric to emerge. So, here are some things, from around my home, that I find beautiful. I also love things that sparkle. But I’ll save that for another post.
Just thought I’d share. Pictures below…
- Art glass… Color, lines… Love it!! A compulsion
- Velvet, satin, glass beads and fringe… Textile crack…
- Egyptian cotton, goosedown, eyelet lace, art & gold leaf headboard. My cozy, cozy bed.
- Kaliedescope. Art glass, light and BONUS!!! Constantly changing!!! ADD heaven!!!
- Antique print of a French mother & child. Frame restored by my father-in-law. Warm fuzzies on several levels.
- This photo doesn’t do justice to the red flower’s brilliant color and texture. It’s small but brightens my heart whenever I look at it.
- Roseville vase. Don’t you love the curve of the handle? The contrast of the blue and white with the soft green stems? Doncha???