If you know what I mean… 😀 Alternate title was, “When September Hits The Fan”
With a birthday, our anniversary, the Jewish New Year, Day of Atonement and Feast of Tabernacles complemented by 2 co-ops, a bible study, homeschooling the boylets and various and sundry other issues like eating and sleeping we have been swamped with awesome.
So, in lieu of actually “saying” something I will give you some bullet point thoughts. Some are even interesting, if you are sleep-deprived and demented.
- Reading “Bonhoeffer” by Eric Metaxes. Fan-FLIPPING-tastic. Should be a must read for every believer with a brain and a text-book for every other person on the planet. The phrase that echoes throughout my brain is this; “George Santayana (1863-1952) said: “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” Read up on the state of Deutchland and her church pre-WWII and then read up on Hitler. It’s chilling.
- The classical methods of education are classic because of 1 key factor. They have stood the test of time and it is only our over-simplifying of education which has created a society of illiterate, emotionally driven and logically incapable human beings. The majority of children are only as stupid as those who educate them and only as limited as the goals which they are required to achieve.
- You might be too busy if you are sitting in front of a desk full of responsibilities and you SERIOUSLY ponder that life would be better if you weren’t inconvenienced by necessities like sleep and casual conversation.
- My husband, bless his heart, and I are embarking on an old/new season. It’s the one where we are both really busy, don’t have a lot of time and misunderstand each other every 12 words. It’s SO much fun… Fortunately, we’ve got 16 years of marriage and 2 children to keep us working even when the thrill is gone. Also, fortunately, the thrill is pretty easy to find again once we’ve worked through the idiocy of the moment. 😉
- I’m teaching voice (as in singing) to 6th-9th graders and creative writing to 4th & 5th graders in a coop. My kids are awesome. I feel bad for other teachers who seem like they are working so hard, we’re having so much fun it’s almost not legal. 🙂 I’m also leading worship for this group of families. It’s the first time I’ve been “out and about” since the church debacle 2 1/2 years ago. I’m loving the teaching and it’s kinda nice to be known as a person first and resource second. Wondering if that will change…
- A dear friend’s sister moved to town a few months ago. Her name is P. She is a hard-core lesbian. Spikey hair, man clothes and everything. Her “wifey” moved up here about 8 weeks ago. Ever since P showed up we’ve talked to her about the Lord, etc. She’s not real interested. More than that, she’s anti-God. Ok. Her “wifey” Carol? She got saved, baptised and has been radically changed. Yesterday, of her own free will and without coercion, she left P. and is carefully walking toward the Lord with the most incredible, sincere, child-like faith. Completely changed. God is amazing. I am in awe. Pray for her if you get the chance, ‘k?
Well, that’s about all there is. I’ll try to have a cogent thought or two to entertain the three people who read here regularly. I wish I had more time.
Maybe if I quit sleeping????