Heading out in about an hour to be gone for a crazy day. This weekend shall pass in a blur, I foretell… But before I leave to do my Stuff, I thought I would leave you with a few thoughts.
- I have been absolutely inundated with chance encounters with folks from That Place Where We Once Attended. I have seen a mish-mash of responses to my/our presence and have been marvelling. Apparently, my very presence has a rather interesting affect on others. Either they gush over me, hug me, ask me how we are doing or they run like hell for the exits. I feel empowered. My oldest son tells me I must only use my powers for good. But…
- As a sub-note (is that a word?) for the above point… In the last nine months I have been shunned by people from That Place that I never expected to behave that way. It doesn’t hurt anymore but it never fails to amaze me. What do they think I’ll do? I know… Powers for good, not evil.
- It snowed last night. First time this year.
- I love cheesy sci-fi. Today we go see “The Day The Earth Stood Still” and hope that it isn’t as terrible as it might be.
- Got a freaky virus last night on the TV/Computer… Thanking all the Entertainment gods that Bitdefender exists. We’re all better now.
- School is progressing nicely and I think we are settling a little bit into a groove. Of course, we only have one more week before there is a two week break which will wreak havoc on our schedule, but hey! We’ll adjust. My boys are eating it up and can’t decide which subject is their favorite. Now I get to be that weird Liger hybrid. I’m a homeschooler who really just does public school at home which keeps me from fitting into either camp. And I actually get the “oooohhhh” and the polite dismissal from Real Homeschoolers. It’s been interesting to see who has been supportive of our decision to do this type of schooling and who has either been obviously dismissive or just plain obnoxious. Very interesting.
- Well, these lips won’t paint themselves so I need to get ready for my day.
- OH! I think there should be Ugly Sweater parties for the holidays. We all have one or two that need to come out of hiding and what better way to show them off than to wear them to a party and get a goofy prize.
Ciao folks! Have a wonderful, marvelous, enjoying your family weekend! I’ll catch you on the flip side. Now that my life is simplifying and my brain is getting clearer the things I want to write about are getting more and more at the top of my brain.